Brunswick Arts Exhibition 2015
The value in his work is more as an exercise; to him, the finished piece is incidental.
Peter’s daily discipline produces prolific portraiture. Vindicated by an online appetite for consistent sources of content, people all over the world volunteering their faces for his habit. And a drawing archive of thousands to match. But even a cultivated habit requires courage to break. The struggle between being too conservative with colour, but hating to waste a drawing by being too crazy. This is his careful tightrope act to extract that elusive, effective technique.
Opening 1st May 6-9pm Exhibition 2nd May to 10th May 2015.
- Spot Marilyn Monroe, Richard Attenborough, Edward Everett Horton, Bjork, Natasha Khan and a little New York.
- Spot Christina Ricci, Lucille Ball, Audrey Hepburn, Alfred Hitchcock, Frida Kahlo, Andy Warhol, Shirley Temple Black, Grace Jones and Bjork.
- Spot Bing Crosby, Katharine Hepburn, John Lennon and a colourful sea shell.
- Stairway to Bob Dylan.
- Lou Reed
- Patrick O'Toole.
- Whoopi Goldberg.
- Gough Whitlam and Sophia Loren.
- John Lennon with Yoko Ono and Cynthia Lennon. And Holger Czukay. The mermaid is one side of Mark Ogge's Mechanical Diorama - view a video from the Spiegeltent here.
Back to Exhibitions.